Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Production / Planning
Main purpose of role:
To be responsible for the operation of an Conversion Cell within Total Poly-film, and support the Operations manager. Responsible for the cell (Planning / setting production targets & reporting daily/ Monthly KPI’s), whilst promoting people and equipment improvements.
- To develop, monitor and ensure Health and Safety procedures (SSOW) are adhered to within the Cell, report and act on any breaches of H&S compliance within the company.
- Plan the Cell workload whilst adhering to lead times / optimising machine efficiencies
- To ensure the Cell is correctly resourced to achieve optimum efficiency.
- To develop the team and implement procedures for the Cell (SOP and Process Conditions) to enable it to produce the product efficiently and correctly first time.
- To develop individual skills using skill matrix / Training develop ensuring individual skills are met so all equipment is used correctly thus develop a multi skilled and flexible workforce.
- To report on Cell performance in graphical/written form.
- Required to be able to review scrap & downtime analyses, agree and implement areas for improvements and changes with Senior Management.
- To be capable of implementing change in your Cell when agreed to ensure daily Cell meetings are held and create an atmosphere where shop floor involvement drives change by creating common goals.
- To chair monthly cell meetings and determine future goals.
- To ensure shop floor data is clear, accurate and reported in the correct manner.
- To manage Cell housekeeping through the of clean as you go policy.
- To Plan the Cell ensuring team are well versed and optimise machine efficiency.
- To assume site responsibility when the Operations Manager is not present.
- To assist the Operation Manager in any business needs as required.
- To recruit new staff with assistance from HR.
- To assume responsibility for all aspects of QA in the Cell and liaise with the Technical team on product development.
- To liaise with the Engineering Cell Leader to optimise machine efficiency for the Cell.
- To implement, as necessary, all aspects of company disciplinary procedures.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accident rate % vs manpower hours
- Scrap & Downtime %
- Production output levels
- Labour flexibility matrix – target 75% of workforce capable of doing more than one role
- Complaints – <0.5 % of sales.
For applications, please send your CV to email@example.com